Thank you for considering Sol Treasures.
To apply for the position of Gift Shop Manager, please email resume, including relatable qualifications
to email@example.com by July 19 at 5:00 p.m.
No phone calls please.
GIFT SHOP MANAGER
JOB SUMMARY: The efficient and profitable operation of the Shop is the primary responsibility of The Gift Shop Manager (GSM). The Gift Shop Manager (GSM) ensures that the store is adequately stocked to meet demand. The GSM recruits and conducts intake of inventory from artists and artisans for the store. The GSM monitors the Point of Sale equipment in coordination with the Bookkeeping and Data Specialist to ensure that it is working properly to capture sales. The Gift Shop Manager also schedules and supervises the activities of shop volunteers. The GSM merchandises the art and craftwork and coordinates with the Gallery Management Team during the exhibits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF GIFT SHOP MANAGER
1. Functions as the voice and face of the Shop. Meets and greets all visitors to the Shop/Gallery.
2. Trains volunteers to open and close the Shop.
3. Conducts sales in the Shop, including special orders.
4. Implements inventory system, process, and procedures.
5. Monitors stock and replenishment of stock and accuracy of inventory system.
6. Merchandises stock.
7. Establishes display and product rotation.
8. Receives and catalogs and stages art and other products for sale and complete paperwork with artists.
9. Develops and maintains relationships with artists.
10. Maintains artist list electronically and through filing system.
11. Oversees the preparation of accurate daily accounting and cash register reports.
12. Assists in evaluation process of Sol Treasures as part of progress and success; monthly reports.
13. Orders supplies for shop through Program Manager.
14. Researches and recommends to the Program Committee best practices for a non-profit gift shop.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent; one to two years retail experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and retail experience.
• Principles of effective volunteer supervision and training desirable.
• Must be highly computer literate and familiar with MS Word and Excel.
• Familiar with Macintosh applications and systems.
• Customer service skills.
Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
Your initial and continued employment is contingent upon passing a Livescan background check.
Hours: 20 hours per week, M – TH $15 – $16/hour
Meetings: Monthly attendance at Shop and Gallery Program Meeting; meetings with artists related to inventory.
Reporting requirements: Monthly activity report; any recommended data collection and reporting from evaluation process.
An Equal Opportunity Employer