We’re Hiring at Sol Treasures!
PROGRAM MANAGER – ARTS AND CULTURAL CENTER
Make a difference by working with a great team to bring music, art, and theatre to youth and adults of King City and our surrounding communities in the beautiful Salinas Valley..
To apply for the position of Program Manager, please email cover letter and resume, including relatable qualifications
Basic Job Summary
The Program Manager is responsible for coordinating the staff, instructors, volunteers, and the scheduling of Sol Treasures regular weekly arts and music classes. The Program Manager oversees seasonal arts camps and the contract services provided to other community groups such as CHISPA Housing and ProYouth.
OVERSIGHT AND GROWTH
- Oversees planning, implementation, and promotion of classes and camps, recruitment of teachers, community outreach to connect the community with the classes available, participant development, and evaluation collection.
- Ensures quality and growth of mission-driven and sustainable programming to meet diverse community needs.
- Develops and maintains program records for all camps, special events and classes including administering evaluations developed for programs, enrollment, attendance, costs and revenues; and post-summary reports.
- Maintains the formal vetting process, application, and contracts for instructors and volunteers.
- Recruits, enrolls, and trains teachers and center volunteers to assist with program implementation.
- Coordinates with workshop teachers and artists in concert with the Gallery Manager.
- Facilitates art contracts and invoices with community groups.
- Assists with various program operations as requested.
OUTREACH AND ADMINISTRATION
- Develops and implements an outreach plan to recruit instructors and center volunteers.
- Oversees and supervises instructors.
- Serves in human resource capacity as it relates to vetting, hiring, enrolling, assigning instructors.
- Coordinates flyers and collateral materials as needed and requested for programs and events.
- Compiles statistical information for Executive Director/Board of Directors as requested.
- Maintains filing and archiving system.
- With bookkeeper, manages instructor time sheets and payroll.
- Orders office supplies and monitors inventory.
- Maintains procedures for key programs in program binders and handbooks.|
- BA/BS in Education, Communications, or related field or two year minimum relevant experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of community resources and programs.
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Work independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, other MS Office products. Helpful if proficient in Publisher, Pages or publishing software;
Mail Chimp and WordPress knowledge helpful.
- Must be able to keep well-written, accurate reports, and valid statistics.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and carry vehicle insurance.
- Willing to travel to outreach events and meetings.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible with work hours, working evenings, and weekends.
- Knowledge of general office equipment and telephone system.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful.
- Experience working with children in a teaching environment.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
Start Date: Position open until filled.
Hours: 24 – 30 hours/week; this is an hourly position; compensation range: $20 – $25/hour.
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer