Thank you for considering Sol Treasures.
To apply for the position of Marketing Intern, please email resume, including relatable qualifications
Intern Job Description – Marketing and Communications Intern
OVERVIEW : Assists with flyers. social media, and website update. Knowledge of WordPress a plus.
Basic Job Summary
SOL TREASURES seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for well-known community based nonprofit organization.
- Update and maintain Sol Treasures’ social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates;
- Assist in planning, writing and managing a quarterly eNewsletter;
- Draft news releases, media alerts and other stories;
- Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by Sol Treasures;
- Update the Sol Treasures website when needed;
- Organize and attend monthly marketing committee meeting including preparing agenda and taking minutes;
- Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about Sol Treasures.
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media;
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field. (e.g. Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations);
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus;
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe, InDesign and Photoshop highly desired.
- Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus;
- Knowledge of WordPress and Mailchimp a plus;
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Sol Treasures and the families we serve.
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment.
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office. Up to 4 hours can be completed at home. Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer