Programs and Camps
Children’s Musical Theatre
- Readers Theater with Jamie Jones: https://soltreasures.com/event/readers-theater-workshop
- Acting 101: Skill Building with Jeff Hinderscheid: https://soltreasures.com/event/acting-101
- Musical Theater Dance: https://soltreasures.com/event/music-theory-workshop
- Music Theory Workshop: with Celestina Ripley https://soltreasures.com/event/music-theory-workshop
Children’s Musical Showcase – Auditions in October 2020 – More information, soon! Rehearsals October 2020 through February 2021. Performances in February! Small group ensemble performances.
Our thanks to our 2109 – 2020 funders – Arts Council for Monterey County; California Arts Council; Community Foundation for Monterey County; Rita and Luis Echenique Charitable Foundation; Chevron Corporation; Harden Foundation; Nancy Buck Ransom Foundation; MOCA Foundation; Monterey County Gives; Monterey Peninsula Foundation; Pebble Beach Company Foundation; Rotary Club of King City; South Monterey County Foundation; S.T.A.R. Foundation of Monterey County; Yellow Brick Road Benefit Fund.
SOL-O Youth Programming – 2 Levels – Fall 2020
- Introduction to Strings/Music Prep: Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30 – 4:15 p.m.
- Returning Students: Tuesday and Thursday from 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Once registered, our instructor Aya Ettinger will contact you to schedule students to come into Sol Treasures the day before, August 17 from 3 – 6 p.m., and check their violins and provide the materials needed for the class. Contact: email@example.com to register.
- Music Preparation Class will teach students the basic music fundamentals by playing the recorders or keyboard if they have one. $30/semester. Recorders will be an additional $5 and are available at Sol Treasures. This class is intended for students in third grade and up. Tuesdays and Thursdays – after school – 3:30 p.m. -4:15 p.m.
- Sol Performing Strings is a beginning strings program intended for students who have some experience but are still learning. Class schedule would be every Tuesday and Thursday from 4:30-5:30 p.m. $30/semester. Returning students pay a reduced amount of $15 per class because they did not finish their spring semester. Tuesdays and Thursdays – after-school – 4:30 until 5:30 p.m.
Instructor/Director: Aya Ettinger
Age: 3rd – 8th grade
Director: John Munsee and Barbara Pekema
Thursdays – 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Location: Information available soon!
Group Guitar Instruction
Beginning Guitar Workshop – 2:30-3:30 p.m. and will continue every Wednesday and Thursday until December 10th with Thanksgiving week off. The registration fee is $40.
Participants can bring their own guitar if they have one or can rent one from Sol Treasures for $25.
Age requirements are 6 years and older.
Spring Guitar Classes resume. Make-up classes will be every Wednesday and Thursday from 4:00-6:00 p.m. and will continue until December 17th with Thanksgiving
Instructor: Felix Miranda
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE for some classes
Contact Sol Treasures for applications.
If you are interested in TEACHING a class,
please contact Maria De La Rosa, Program Manager
Phone: (831) 386-9809